Black Friday Bundle
November 27, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
The best remedy for any lingering ‘turkey overdose’ and ‘over-shopping’ evils is Scotch whisky and I’m quite sure that you’ll find my Rx most enjoyable. This Glencadam is da bomb! I just love this style of whisky, because it for its unique taste and interesting complexity. Glenlivet Triple Cask Matured is the half-step in strength that sought in a #2 slot whisky. Here’s a lovely dram that is currently missing from Arran’s core line-up: Arran 14-Year. But there’s no need for us to bemoan its absence: I have a bottle. Glengoyne is a mellow highlander at its 43-46% ABV typical strength. But it’s a bit of a beast at cask strength.
There are many fine cask strength ranges available from The Scotch Malt Whisky Society, Signatory, Gordon & MacPhail and, most recently, Battlehill. Unlike the other independent bottlers, Battlehill costs $50 a bottle. While they’re young CS whiskies, only fully-matured casks are selected. Let’s try BH’s Royal Brackla, an awesome 5-year-old offering at 58% ABV. Let’s top it off with a lovely dram of Port Charlotte Scottish Barley.
We hope that you can join our Black Friday tasting and do bring a friend because “good whisky is made great when shared among friends.”
1. GLENCADAM Single Malt / ‘Origin 1825’ / NAS / 40% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Angus Dundee Distillers Plc / Highland (Eastern)
2. GLENLIVET Single Malt / ‘Triple Cask Matured’ (Distiller’s Reserve range) / NAS / 40% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Chivas Brothers Ltd.(Pernod-Ricard S.A.) / Speyside (Livet)
3. ARRAN Single Malt / 14-Year / 46% ABV / NCF / OB / Dist Owner: Isle of Arran Distilleries Ltd. (Messrs Auchincloss, Pierce & Mitchell) / Island (Arran)
4. GLENGOYNE Single Malt / ‘Cask Strength’ (Batch #4) / NAS / CS 58.8% ABV / NCF / OB / Dist Owner: Ian Macleod Distillers (Peter J. Russell & Co.) / Highland (Southern)
5. ROYAL BRACKLA Single Malt / 5-Year / CS 58% ABV / NCF / IB: Battlehill (Duncan Taylor & Co.) / Dist Owner: John Dewar & Sons Ltd. (Bacardí Limited) / Highland (Northern)
6. PORT CHARLOTTE Single Malt / ‘Scottish Barley’ (Heavily Peated range) / NAS / 50% ABV / NCF / OB: Bruichladdich Dist / Dist Owner: Rémy Cointreau (Rémy Martin & Co.) / Islay (West Shore)