November 9 @ 7:30 pm
I purchase just about every Glen Ord bottling that I come across. In this case, it is a 2007 indie bottling from Berry Brothers & Rudd (BBR). It’s a single cask (Bourbon hogshead refill) bottled at 46% ABV.
I bought a BenRiach 10-year for an estate. It was distilled in 1989-90 during the latter years of Seagram’s ownership.
Craigellachie 13-year is quiet good. Prior to 2014, there hadn’t been an official Craigellachie bottling in more than 20 years. This affordable expression made it worth the wait!
We don’t see much Edradour around, but you will wonder why after you taste its Caldonia offering. It’s a 12-year bottled at 46% ABV. After the first 4 so-called sweet whiskeys, my palate will welcome some well-done peated expressions.
Caol Ila 12-year is the perfect first peated dram. It’s well-balanced and approachable at 43% ABV.
Our final dram is Lagavulin 12-year, the 2019 Special Release at 56.5% ABV. I think that these whiskeys will complement one another and please you.
Do join us and please bring a friend as “good whisky is made great when enjoyed among friends.”
WHISKY MENU: 2 Speysides, 2 Highlands & 2 Islays (Ileach in Scottish Gaelic)
1. GLEN ORD Single Malt / 2007 Vintage (8-Yr) / 46% ABV / NCF / SC# 335
(Refill HH) / IB / Brand Owner: Berry Bros & Rudd / Dist Owner: Diageo Scotland Ltd. (Diageo plc) / Highlands (Northern)
2. BENRIACH Single Malt / 10-Year (Classic Range) – Vintage 1989 / 43% ABV
/ OB / Dist Owner: Brown-Forman Scotland Ltd. (Brown-Forman Corp./The
Brown Family) / Speyside (Lossie)
3. CRAIGELLACHIE Single Malt / 13-Year / 46% ABV / NCF / OB / Dist Owner:
John Dewar & Sons Ltd. (Bacardí Limited) / Speyside (Central)
4. EDRADOUR Single Malt / 12-Year / ‘Caledonia’ / 46% ABV / NCF / OB / Dist
Owner: Signatory Vintage Scotch Whisky Co. Ltd. (Andrew Symington) /
5. CAOL ILA Single Malt / 12-Year / 43% ABV / OB / Dist Owner: Diageo
Scotland Ltd. (Diageo plc) / Islay (North Shore)
6. LAGAVULIN Single Malt / 12-Year / ‘2019 Special Release’ (60,762 Bottles)
/ CS 56.5% ABV / NCF / OB / Dist Owner: Diageo Scotland Ltd. (Diageo plc)
/ Islay (Kildalton)